New Driver Introduction for iPhone/iPad Users
Click here for Android users
Welcome to TripLog! Here are some things drivers need to know as you download the app from the app store or are following the email link from your TripLog administrator:
- The first time you open the app, you will be asked to select the tracking mode – fully automated, semi-automated, or manual. They are explained in the next bullet. You will also need to set up your vehicle. Fill it out the best you can and know you can always go back and edit, including the odometer reading.
Auto Start Settings. You can choose the one based upon your personal preference. To find settings, please open TripLog app > menu > Auto Start Settings .
- Fully automated – Turn on Enable Auto Start and select Auto Start on MagicTrip™ will track any movement. Note – you won’t miss any trip, but this will use the most battery power. This is the default setting.
- Semi automated – Turn on Enable Auto Start and select Auto Start on Power plug in and Speed over Threshold . Note – it’s a nice balance between fully automated and manual, especially if your habit is to plug in your phone before driving.
- Manual – do not turn on Enable Auto Start. When using the the app, Trips home screen, select Start Trip at the beginning of the trip and Stop Trip at the end. Note – you may forget to track a trip since it’s not automatic, although, you can manually add a trip if that ever happens.
- Data Sync. To ensure the data is synchronized and backed up to the cloud, and accessible from the TripLog website, you need to have a user account. If it is your first time using the app, you need to register an account. Go to TripLog app > menu > Account > Register . If someone else, e.g. your system administrator, has added you to the system, you should receive a welcome email with your account information. You need to make sure you are logged in from the app. Please open TripLog app > menu > Account > enter email and password > Log in > choose Merge Data option when it asks.
Reminder – for any phone or device using an app, the app must be turned on to work. If you turn off or restart your phone, you must open the app when you turn your phone back on for it to track mileage data. The app can be running in the background and phone can be locked.
You are ready to track your first trip!